Everyone wants healthy and glowing skin. However, this becomes harder if you have sensitive skin. This type of skin is more prone to problems and needs extra care. If you have sensitive skin, here are some skin care tips just for you.
What is sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin is the skin type that gets easily damaged by environmental or other unfavorable conditions. This includes environmental pollutants and chemicals in cosmetics. That is why some cosmetic and skin care products are specially labeled as sensitive skin care products.
All skin types get damaged by harsh chemicals in detergents, cosmetics, etc. However, this damage starts beyond a defined threshold or tolerance level. This tolerance level will be very low for you if you have sensitive skin types. That is why your skin may get damaged easily and quickly.
Tips for sensitive skin care:
- Avoid using products with harsh chemicals. Use sensitive skin care products instead. These products either avoid the potential irritants or keep them at low concentrations which is safe for your skin. The degree of sensitivity can differ from person to person. So choose a sensitive skin care product that’s suitable for the sensitivity level of your skin.
- Always check the instructions or notes on the product to know the specific restrictions/warnings associated with the product.
- Choose the sensitive skin care products that have minimum preservatives, colorings, and other additives
- Avoid using toners. Most of them are alcohol-based. So they are not recommended for sensitive skin.
- Always wear protective gloves while doing laundry or using other chemical-based cleaning products. If you are allergic to rubber, wear cotton gloves under the rubber ones.
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun. Whenever you step out in the sun, always wear sunscreen lotion that’s safe for your sensitive skin.
- You also need to avoid exposure to dust and other pollutants. So, cover yourself adequately before stepping out.
- For moisturizing your skin, use a hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic moisturizer or a moisturizer specifically labeled as a sensitive skin care product.
- Always use cleansers that are soap-free and alcohol-free. Cleanse your face thoroughly but gently whenever you return from spending time outdoors.
- You need to be gentle with your skin. So never scrub or exfoliate roughly.
- Avoid leaving the makeup on for too long. Always use hypoallergenic makeup- removers.
Sensitive skin care needs extra precautions compared to normal skin care. You need to learn what soothes your skin and what irritates it. Take care of your sensitive skin accordingly. Always use good quality and gentle products on your skin. And as much as possible, keep it protected from environmental irritants.